2010-06-23

Room on First Street

Today I moved into my first home away from my family, fitting that its on First St.  Its allot closer to work then where I was living before though.  Before where I was living, before I stayed with my mom until if found a place closer to work, I would be walking two to two and half hours to and sometimes from work to get home.

Going to take some getting use to, I couldn't afford to just move into a place by myself as most the places I could find in the paper where $800 a month, which I could have maybe swung $500 a month, but that's not enough really.

Course I need to get better at budgeting my money in general, and hopefully is something Cridhe can work with me on to get myself set on a budget.  I'm going to be staying with two people, who I will simply refer to as G and D for the time being, as would have to ask them before putting there actual names out there on the web.

When I was moving my stuff into the apartment, I had forgot my wireless adapter, so had to go back over to my mom's over in Springfield, to get that.  But is all set up now, though need to get some sort of USB hub I think to connect my iPod and such easier to my computer, without having to pull my tower forward to reach the plugs on the back of it.

D and G seem to be nice people, bit different, but suppose I'll get use to it in time.  But least I'm not just close to work but a number of other things like the movie theater, restaurants, various other stores.

Not sure how much I'll like staying here, but is only my first night, so will just have to see how everything goes.