2010-05-22

Balancing 24/7 D/s with children in the mix

Was listing to Dungeon Place today on my way to work, and they where answering some listener questions.  One of the questions had to do with someone that my love Cridhe mentioned her post here.  About having a daughter and about balancing the D/s relationship around her daughter being in both our lives if things move to that step, which I am very hopeful that they do.

Course I realize that her daughter most likely isn't going to take to me well in the begin and most likely won't ever see me as a father figure, but is my hope as me and Cridhe walk our paths that her daughter and me can at least become friends if not good friends.

The problem is of course how do you balance what children might know about your D/s relationship.  One of the people on the podcast was quite vocal about you don't have D/s around the children, least not in any open way that they will witness.  Like Cridhe had said, there will be no naked sub waiting at the door, though if sometime the daughter is away when i'm expecting her home, it may be a nice way to surprise her.

One way around some things they stated would be some sort of gesture like getting the Doms attention and then tugging a earlobe or something to indicate you need permission for something.  Other things they talked about is as they get older into the teenage years answering questions truthfully but only when and what is asked.

I think for the most part if you can keep what should be private, private, you can still enjoy some D/s exchanges even its a bit more covertly and taking great care not to expose your child to your lifestyle.  Later in life they may come to you with questions and I think its important to be open and honest when that does happen.

Having children in the mix, is certainly going to present changes that your and your significant other, or others are going to have to come up with creative solutions for.

Remember, what happens behind closed doors, happens behind closed doors.  You children are most likely not going to want to know about your sex life much.  I know I didn't really enjoy sitting around having dinner one night with my mom, and having her bring up that her boyfriend at the time didn't want to go down on her.

And just a aside, if you didn't know, not every woman enjoys oral sex, or having the clit directly stimulated.  I had at least one sexual partner out of the three that I have had in my life, that was adamantly opposed to me giving her oral.  A travesty for me, cause its something I really do love doing, and I love watching, feeling their reactions, even more so if i can get them to cum this way while i'm still going down on them... oh sorry where was I?

Some of the other things they talked about is sex education briefly.   This is something I to believe is very important, and as was stated on the podcast, the parents are the number one source of sex education for your children, but I do also think its important that the schools we send our kids to have a robust sexual education system in place.

I don't know how things are in Canada, but I know in the states at least, far to many schools have mediocre at best sex education, and I also think the schools that separate the boys from the girls for sex education, do them both a disservice.

Young boys may not need to know about contraceptives and such for first hand knowledge, but it may come in handy if they can talk openly to prospective partners about them.  I'm also sure a fair number of women would like it if there male partner knows more about the vagina, about the outer and inner labia, where the clit is, etc.

But talk to your kids, even as young as maybe 11 or 12, cause kids are experimenting at much younger ages now.  Also if you catch your child masturbating, try not to make them feel bad about it.  There is nothing that should be seen as being wrong with pleasuring ones self, other then perhaps doing in front of your dinner guests.  Just explain that it shouldn't be done in front of other people, least not ones that haven't consented to being voyeurs of it.

All I can think to post for now, so I'll leave off here.