2010-05-11

Just a quick hello

I suppose I should say hello and introduce myself as well. I am known to a fair number of people online as Cridhe. For those who want to know, Cridhe is Gaelic and means 'heart'. It also means 'courage'.

I am a 33 year old mother of a 13 year old daughter, living in the bald-arsed prairies of Canada. Don't be surprised if I complain about the weather in a post. It's a Canadian thing. Sort of like Tim Horton's and toques. Yes, sometimes stereotypes really are true.

I wandered into BDSM some years ago. I have a wonderful friend who happens to be a switch, who gave me my first taste of BDSM. And the thirst for more grew from there. I stumbled into BDSM online, and found a smorgasbord of information (and misinformation), and an outlet for my interests that my then oh-so-uptight and traditional family and friends just didn't, or wouldn't, understand.

I am considered by some to be a switch myself, although for all intents and purposes, I am Domme to my lion's submissiveness. I'm very proud of the fact that he wears my collar...that he chose me, as much as I chose him. Ask me to describe those trembling days while I thought long and hard about whether I even wanted to take that step. To take that responsibility for another. Ask me if I regret it, even for a second. Ask him what the tag on his collar says. Those words say it all.

For now, I'm going to keep this short and sweet, otherwise I'll blather on for hours and hours. Stay tuned for more. ;-)